It’s been a big week! I wanted to share the 5 things you need to know on the Frontlines for this weekend. If there is a story you want us to highlight or an issue we should dig into, reply to this email, and let us know!
- Dana Nessel is Fighting to Increase Your Heating Bill
- A Complaint has been Filed Against Whitmer’s $100,000 Club
- “Independent” Redistricting Commission is Taking the Constitutional Deadline as Seriously as their “Independence”
- It’s Time for the Democrat State Rep who Tried to Bust Out of Jail to Resign
- News You Might Have Missed: Grand Rapids weighs declaring racism a public health crisis
“Immediate supply shortages would kill jobs, hamstring Michigan manufacturers, stiff farmers, close small businesses and more. The Consumer Energy Alliance estimates Nessel’s goal would kill thousands of jobs, cost the state $3 billion in economic activity, $1 billion in gross state product and drain $56.8 million tax dollars out of public coffers.”
At least two “Independent” members of the redistricting commission have been outed as liberals – including the newly elected chair. As if that isn’t bad enough, the commission is already violating the state constitution as it blows past a Friday deadlineto complete proposed congressional and legislative maps for public review as reported by Bridge Michigan.
“City staff spent more than 200 hours prepping three draft resolutions presented Tuesday: one to declare a climate crisis, the second to support the decriminalization of entheogenic substances, such as magic mushrooms, and the third to name racism a public health emergency.”