We're looking for a few good people to apply to serve on the Michigan Citizens Redistricting Commission.
Following the United States Census in 2020, district lines for political offices will be redrawn. After the passage of Proposal 2 in 2018, Michigan will randomly select a commission of citizens from a pool of eligible applicants to draw the U.S. Congressional and Michigan State House and State Senate district lines.
This commission will be composed of 13 randomly selected Michigan registered voters, including four Democrats, four Republicans, and five Independents.
It is imperative that we have good people in the pool of eligible applicants to prevent the commission from being stacked with liberals and ensure honest, fair maps are drawn.
Click the button below to apply today! All applications must be notarized and submitted to the Secretary of State by June 1, 2020.
Online Filing Requirements:
- You'll need a phone with the Notarize.com app or a computer with a webcam and microphone to remotely notarize and file by email.
- Remote notaries, including this service, are backed up due to COVID-19. You may experience a wait. For the shortest wait times, we recommend using Notarize.com between 6:00 AM and 10:30 AM or after 8:00 PM.
- Please note that because this process utilizes a third party service, Notarize.com, to allow applicants to remotely notarize their Affidavit of Identity, Michigan Freedom Fund cannot troubleshoot Notarize.com's services nor guarantee their availability or wait times.
Here's how it works:
- Fill out and get your application remotely notarized by using one of the "Apply Now" buttons.
- Receive your notarized PDF application via email from Notarize.com.
- Forward your notarized PDF application to the Secretary of State via email at the following address: [email protected]